(Also, I'm drawing a blank as to what to blog about. Anyone want to help me out?)
I AM A GUY!!! Moving on..... (Too many people have thought the opposite. I don't need any confessions if it was you. But I'm watching you.)
My greatest inspiration?
JK Rowling of course! Because of her awesome writing and bad-arsery (see how I used some British words in there). Just Youtube her interviews to see how absolutely awesome she is.
To be honest, Rowling might be my inspiration to write. However, Victor Hugo is my inspiration as to what to write. I loved, LOVED Les Misérables, and once I finished it, I realized, "This is what I want to do." I want to write something with meaning to it, not something that will be forgotten.
I plan on getting all of Hugo's books (but that's going to be costly, so it might have to wait a while).
I love people who get famous the right way and the better way with only their hard work and talent. This, even though it is hard, makes them a bigger celebrities than others. Everyone loves a real person. This means JKR, and Adele (for me). No tricks, no gimmicks, no politicking - just talent, and kindness.
HARRY POTTER (!!!) and Les Misérables (!!!) (my favorite series and favorite single novel of all time). Catcher in the Rye. Tale of Two Cities too. ToTC's last scene is the best written and most beautiful scene of all literature. At least, I think so. I love it.
What I write about?
I write about an underwater world, where a teen named Alphi is forced to become part of the prejudiced rulers' twisted regime. Alphi joins the rebels and turns her wand against the royal tyrants -her own family. But in doing so, she finds pain she never thought existed: the pain of having to attack the mother who raised her so lovingly.
Coral reefs and magic; that's where the fantasy comes in. Depression, injustice, and agonizing pain; that's where the YA part comes in.
My other two WIPs are an adult novels, and that's all I'm going to say so far :D
- I love to paint (oil paints, usually).
- I love music. I sing too. Maybe I can be a singing writer that paints.
- I love science/math/research. I just love feeling that the universe has an order to it, and not learning about it is almost frustrating to me; I feel ignorant.
- I own a few Harry Potter wands (Dumbledore's wand is my favorite).
- A few years ago, I started writing the MS I'm currently rewriting (again). I wrote in a (badly) coffee-stained journal with a quill.
- I like to laugh.
- I've never full-on cried in a book. Most is probably a ball in my throat, and if I try, I can squeeze out a tear or two.
I tweet :D
WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now off to copy-and-paste this to my 'About Me' section!
How about you guys? Your favorite books? What do you write about?